Global Warming Hoax : Global Warming Hoax News

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stimulus Protests

Its been a while since I last posted something to the blog, so I thought I would kick off the year with a bang.

As you may or may not be aware, anti-stimulus protests have cropped up all across the country. Well, we had one in my backyard today, and as promised over on my domestic policy blog, here are some photos from the event.





We arrived around 9:30 to find that there was already about 25 people where there with signs, waiting for the organizers to arrive. The Police where there, and had numerous cars around the place. They where nothing but helpful, and warned us whenever we were getting close to the building.














"No Moore Pork" was a commonly used slogan by the protesters, who where protesting against the stimuls AND Moore's vote for the package.




















As you can see from the coats, it was a COLD day. The above sign got a lot of praise as it showed up, and reflected the sentiment of the day.















There where around 75-100 people at the protest by the time I crossed the street to get pictures. And more kept coming. Still no sign of the media by this point, but both NBC and ABC would show up later on to get some video of it.















People began to group towards the center of the sidewalk and stretch out on either side. By this point, people where reaching the street on both sides of the building. Behind the protestors you can see the cops, who have blocked off the parking lot, and some of the cars parked on the street behind them.















I would say a Ten Year Great Depression in the United States as Europe pulled out in three is great supporting evidence on this one. These protesters where located on a corner lot next to the Office Building we where protesting in front of. It stretched down to the houses, and there where protesters beside me as I took this picture.















Protesters on that corner lot. There where roughly three hundred people there at this point. Many of which where signing up for e-mail alerts for more protests.















On the opposite side from where I was hanging out with people, down by the other corner, these signs where visible. The signs with innuendo where quite common, more so than I thought.

I like the sentiment that the one on the left had. Worst Congress indeed.















The main group for the protest, the speaker can be seen to the right of the main group.















The stuffed rabbit through me for a loop, but I loved the T-Shirt.
















This guy showed up late, with a sword in his back. He was very popular with the protesters.

Wish I had more pictures to show, but not all of them loaded to the computer very well, and the battery ran low. I will be better prepared for the march on saturday.

We are meeting at the J.C. Nichols Fountain and marching on Claire McCaskill's Office. Hope to see you there, and hope I have better batteries for the protest.

No comments:

Google Analytics