Global Warming Hoax : Global Warming Hoax News

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My father sent me an e-mail the other day that I must say really cracked me, mostly because of how accurate it was. It contained a joke that goes as follows,

A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost.
She lowers her altitude
and spots a man fishing from a boat below.

She shouts to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I
promised a friend I would
meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies,
"You're in a hot air balloon,
approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of
2346 feet above sea level.
You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude
and 100 degrees, 49.09
minutes west longitude.

She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a
Republican!"

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell
me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to do with your
information, and I'm still
lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a
Democrat."

"I am," replies the balloonist. "How did you
know?"

"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are
or where you're going.
You've risen to where you are, due to a large
quantity of hot air. You made
a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now
you expect me to solve
your problem. You're in exactly the same position
you were in before we met,
but, somehow, now it's my fault."

I would like to apologise to all the women who might be reading this and do not understand the joke. I will not be explaining it, as I feel that it needs no explanation. If you don't get it, you don't pay enough attention to politics.

No comments:

Google Analytics